Thursday, June 24, 2010

USA advances to Round of 16

Alright. So, I've had a few requests to make another video. I'm always tentative to do them because I never really know if they're entertaining at all. But they're fun to do...and keep me from getting bored out of my mind at times. So...I guess there's at least one person who is entertained.

I wasn't exactly sure what to make a video of this time around, but an idea came to me after watching the crazy soccer game between the U.S. and Algeria yesterday. I'm not going to go into details about the scenario, but I'll just say that the U.S. basically had to win the game to advance to the next round of the World Cup.

They played an extremely close game that literally had me (and American fans all over I'm sure) at the edge of my seat. The game stayed tied 0 - 0 for almost the entire game. I watched a controversial call by the ref that disallowed an American goal, yet again. I watched missed opportunity after missed opportunity. And just when I was sure the U.S. would end the game in a tie, knocking them out of the tournament, Landon Donovan scored to put the U.S. ahead for the win. It was crazy. You have to understand...this goal was scored in the 91st minute. There are 90 minutes in an ordinary game...and extra time is added if there are injuries throughout the game. So this goal was like an MJ at the buzzer type shot. I was going crazy. In my apartment. Just me...making a hell of a lot of noise. What an amazing outcome that kept the U.S. alive.

So then I started wondering if President Obama would comment on the game at all, since it was such a huge win for the U.S. But I figured, with the oil spill and health care and the economy he probably had a lot on his plate. But Obama surprised me and proved that there's always time for soccer...

Check it Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment