Friday, June 25, 2010

Michael Jackson Death One Year Anniversary

I grew up on Michael Jackson. The songs. The dancing. Everything. Even though I primarily rap, I'd say he was probably my biggest musical influence. The man knew how to put on a show. He knew what was catchy. He understood music in it's deepest sense. Every element of whatever he did was a production and planned and perfected. You could see the brilliance and creativity coming to life before you. In fact, if you haven't seen the movie "This is It" documenting his preparation for his final concert, check it out. It's evidence of everything I'm talking about.

Anyways, his death was a tragedy felt across the World. I've never seen in my lifetime a reaction to someone's passing that was so huge and widespread. I have to say, I was overcome by grief myself. It was the end of an era. After Michel Jackson died, I put together a tribute song and video for him. Check it out




No comments:

Post a Comment